Monday 2 July 2012

Carrot, Pomegranate and Feta Rice


Here's a quick recipe for a colourful vegetarian dinner! I took my inspiration from BBCgoodfood, which is one of my favourite recipe websites! Have a look: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1973658/roasted-carrots-with-goats-cheese-and-pomegranate It's so easy to use and you can search for inspiration or just exactly what you were looking for. I'm a self confessed 'foodie' and although I've still along way to go when it comes to confidence in cooking I have about a gazillion cookbooks and I'm always picking up the food magazines. My favourite chefs include Donal Skehan,, Nigel Slater, Sam Stern and Sophie Dahl. 

You might have noticed I'm a vegetarian, although technically it's "pescatarian" since I still eat fish. It's been just over a year now since I gave up meat officially, although I've always been prone to a vegetarian style diet. Above all I just really didn't like meat all that much, and I love the variety and flavours you get in vegetarian food! Just look at that plate. So pretty! 

Ingredients 
4 carrots
1 pomegranate
feta cheese (amount on preference)
a few mushrooms
a few peas
Some broccoli 
about 50g rice

I roasted about 3 carrots in the oven, 180 degrees, cooked the rice per instructions with 2 parts water to 1 part rice. Fry the mushrooms, and steam the peas and broccoli. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate - you can just buy the seeds, which is what I meant to get, but the accidental purchase of the fruit instead was pleasantly simple! You have to be careful not to squeeze the juice everywhere as you go!) Crumble the cheese and mix all the ingredients together. 


VoilĂ ! Enjoy. 

xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment