Tuesday 17 July 2012

Weetabix with CHOCOLATE?!

http://www.weetabix.co.uk/products/cereals/chocolate-weetabix If you haven't tried it already, I completely understand; I too was extremely sceptic. In fact I was beyond sceptic, I wasn't having any of it. Weetabix was good enough, so very very good! Don't ruin it! But oh my goodness, was I wrong.


Yum Yum and Yum are the first words that come to mind. 

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with iron deficient anaemia, and recently I have stopped taking supplements so I'm making a really big effort to keep my iron levels as high as possible. I did my research and found that the highest iron content by far for a cereal is Chocolate weetabix at 5.4mg (30% of RDA). So I decided I'd give it a go. There's no going back now, I have discovered a gem! I like my weetabix quite mushy and with warm milk it has the taste of chocolate ready brek. With cold milk it's like chocolate milkshake. It's so good. It's got plain chocolate chips in it too! It would be too sweet for my breakfast, but it's now my daily supper time snack and it definitely gets me through the day! I'm excited for tomorrow's already! 

Another gem I've discovered is a childhood favourite for me. I remember eating these biscuits when my little sister was a baby. I bought these once again due to their added iron. They are a guilty pleasure of mine, and rediscovering them has made me oh so happy. I don't know what it is about them, but they're just a little bit addictive! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment