Friday 13 July 2012

Oh My God, Oh My God You Guys!

I'm continuing my resolution of becoming a constant theatre go-er with last night's oh so very girl Legally Blonde the Musical. I've spent the first part of my student life desperately trying to limit spending and save my pennies, but after settling in I'm taking a new attitude that it should be more about choosing where I put my money, into things I really want, and what I really want is to go to the theatre!



This song, which has been whizzing round my head again and again and again, gives a pretty good impression of the whole 'feel' of the musical. It is full of cheesy, girly goodness. Had me smiling and giggling right from the get go. 'Oh my god' was one of my favourites but basically all the songs were catchy or funny and normally both.

I was very very similar to the film (only put to music) but that added to the enjoyment I found! It felt familiar but new and exciting at the same time. The title role had a Reese Witherspoon look to her as well and she was fantastic. Ray Quinn (Warner) had moments of brilliance and really suited his part. The role of Emmet (Iwan Lewis) was my favourite, he was really good, with Paulette (Niki Evans) a close second - she always got me giggling. I can't forget to mention Brewser, stealing the show of course; such a cutie (he's the dog, if you haven't seen the film).

It was a great feel good musical. Just made everyone smile: even my dad enjoyed it. The magnum at half time was so yummy too. It'd been far too long since I'd had a magnum. They didn't have any white chocolate ones but still so good, and such an important part of a theatre trip: the ice cream! 


I'm just watching the film now and reliving the songs in my head! Here's another gem to wet your appetite! 



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment