Wednesday 4 July 2012

Cheesy Toasty Tomatoes

I've spent my years living in a world where the grill was broken; we lived an underprivileged life in which cheese on toast didn't exist. After 3 weeks of living out of a microwave and making tea for builders we have a new kitchen! Complete with grill. First order of luncheon: cheese on toast.

Of course, no one needs a recipe for cheese on toast, it basically explains itself, but I was so excited by the prospect I went all out.

A nice slice of wholemeal bread, topped with chopped baby tomatoes, tomato salsa (I used marks and spencer's jalapeƱo chilli salsa dip, which was a new find and delicious!) I then tore up a cheestring and layered the 'strings' on top. Under the grill on high, for about 3 minutes until the cheese was melted. Perfect!

I've recently rediscovered cheestrings, a childhood favourite. As a student who doesn't use much cheese at all, they are perfect to keep in the fridge so I can have a little bit of cheese when I fancy, rather than buying a big chunk then having cheese everyday just to use it up! I can see this week is going to be cheese on toast week for me! Yum yum yum!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment