Thursday 5 July 2012

Some Enchanted Evening

Yesterday I was feeling spontaneous and given that it's my dad's birthday at the weekend I decided I'd take him out. I searched on the internet for events around where I live and came across South Pacific. I didn't know much about it or well, anything about it to be honest so I thought I'd just give it a go and booked a couple of last minute tickets for that evening! It was so exciting being so spontaneous!

I love all things musical theatre, so wasn't too worried whether I'd enjoy the experience. It's a Rogers and Hammerstein musical, and although I'm not a huge fan of their work in particular, that's simply because I've never really listened to much of it. I know it a little, with the Sound of Music to their names, and I'm gonna wash that man right outta my hair from South Pacific being quite a well known tune.I loved the sudden oppurtunity to explore and learn their music more!

It was a really sweet story. Set in a war time, a story of love. Almost Casablanca-esque, it had that kind of feel to it! The sailors were hilarious and their rendition of There is Nothing Like A Dame was possibly my favourite number of the evening. A great cast of singers! Musicals are just so much fun! Full of good songs and good laughs! I loved it! Definitely have a listen to some of the music, it's feel good stuff. 

xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment